Thursday, May 19, 2011

Weeks 6/7

After I work out each week I always make sure to drink a protein shake after wards to help build the muscle, which sounds fairly typical right?  Well, I've always known my diet has been less than admirable, I pretty much eat whatever I have time to eat and what we can afford...which, due to my celiac deceased ass, is not much.  However, I should have watched more carefully as I've taken in far less fiber and much more protein which is not a good equation. So, I missed 3 workouts last week and have been trying to make up for them, though difficult at best.  I tried a new gluten-free high-fiber cereal and that seems to put my stomach at rest. So, back to the workouts and balance my diet.

I took some updated pictures, but I can't see any differences. I know I'm stronger and I can do more and more with the Ab workouts each time ( up to 400+ crunches/ situps each workout..approx 15 min), but I look the same...really irritating. Ah well, if it takes more than 90's days, so-be-it. I'm not stopping until the belly is gone.

As for school...well, it may be typical of me, but last week was rough, particularly in 1 class which then of course effected my attention in other classes.  In my Background Design & Layout class we have moved on to Color and Stylized layouts.  Yes, it sounds more fun, but he didn't get a chance to show us how he does it last week, so we were pretty much left on our own and with some website examples.  I haven't been this stressed out in a very long time, especially since we're supposed to put out 24 sketches for each concept before doing the final concept. Sorry, not going to happen, if it takes me 20 min for each "sketch" ( he asks for more detail than other teachers) then I don't have the time for 24...its insane. So, My work looked like crap and I just didn't ( really, still don't) grasp the concept of what color looks good with another color.  Luckily, though, this week he was able to show us, and I think I was able to get some confidence back and put out some fairly decent work:

Week 6 Homework: 50's Cafe corner.

Week 7's Homework - 60's Home Interior


I basically had to step out of my comfort zone and teach myself how to use the "pen tool" in Photoshop which I never really used before.  Might not be that great to the teacher, but far better than I expected of myself after what I did last week. 

As for my other classes, so far so good.  Finals will be here soon and I have a lot of work in front of me. 

Keeping you updated-

No comments:

Post a Comment